Tuesday, October 6, 2009

tiny little records, big fat pigs


Remember album covers? Well, I do and I miss them. I was too late to have ever had an assignment designing an LP cover, but I do occasionally design CD packaging and it's a satisfying (if tiny) undertaking. Sadly, CD's seem to be going the way of the buffalo as well, but that's another story. This particular CD cover went the way of the flying pig... it was done for a San Fransisco songwriter named Billy Schafer. I hope the pig has done well for you, Billy. I used a big, huge, ugly pig rather than the go-to cutey-pie. I think it serves to underscore the essential notion here, that anything is possible. Is that true? Hey, what's the greatest album cover ever? Please opine...

1 comment:

  1. The original, embossed-only so-called "White Album", actually titled: "The Beatles".

    ReplyDelete